On account of increased demands for product validation, physical prototypes and aggregate bearers will continue to be central elements of the development process in the future.
Even though development processes have become more advanced, the construction and use of prototypes is becoming more and more important, particularly validating the digital counterpart. The wide variety of models and powertrains available and different market specifics strengthen this position.
As it is necessary for concepts and ideas to be virtually tested, but also for them to shine in reality, there is almost no way of avoiding a test prototype. Since these physical prototypes are more complex than a DMU (digital mock-up), keeping an eye on the time and cost involved is vital, so as not to put the the development schedule at risk.
At EDAG, we have a quarter of a century's experience in prototype construction on which we can draw. In Eisenach (EDAG Werkzeug + Karosserie GmbH, EDAG holds a 49% stake), a location with a history of car production, we manufacture body parts and components, but also complete bodies and their conversions.
We are experienced providers of tool making services for milling work and measuring technology. Our extensive body manufacturing portfolio, especially for aluminium, magnesium, organo sheet and hot forming, is unique.
We are Europe's leading experts for prototype construction and low-volume production.
- Coordination and supplier management
- Design and methods
- Tool making services
- Production equipment construction and mechanical production
- Parts for aggregate bearers, prototypes and low-volume production
- Steel, magnesium and thermoplastic hot forming
- Manufacture of complete assemblies, add-on parts and bodies
- Joining aluminium, magnesium and steel using cold joining methods
- Laser cutting and joining, roller hemming and automated bonding
- Quality planning, quality assurance and measuring technology
- Planning, controlling, implementation